Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an experienced Project Architect to work in the Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA office.
This position requires a qualified registered architect to manage the design and construction of a variety of projects, including building systems, architectural design and detailing, interdisciplinary coordination and commissioning requirements supporting military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction.
• Plans, coordinates and manages the project delivery process for small to mid-scale Government, Commercial and Industrial projects including consultants and other lead professional
• Ensures design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations
• Prepares construction drawings and specifications
• Possess knowledge of applicable building codes in evaluating code compliance
• Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports
• Facilitates construction observation, answers RFI’s and prepares change bulletins
• Leads issue resolution and enhances project quality in communicating with project team
• Achieves project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals
• Contributes to business development by establishing confidence with clients, and participates in interviews for potential projects
• Desires to grow team professionals through education and mentoring
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Master’s preferred
• Current professional registration
• 10 or more years of Architecture experience
• Experience on design of military facilities is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques and costs, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics
• Strong design and space planning skills
• Practical knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts
• Knowledge of industry standards, current product development, and architectural practices
• Minimum of four (4) years AutoCad project experience required
• Knowledge of Autodesk REVIT and Mircrostation a plus
• Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED AP accreditation a plus
• Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees
• Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
• Some travel required
• Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace