Title: Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an RCDD to work in the Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, Georgia location.
This position performs design, integration, and implementation of information and communications technology for both new construction and renovations. Experience applying the skills required for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military, is regarded as a plus. Provide additional support to others as needed.
Under the direction of a Professional Engineer
• Performs design, integration, and implementation of information and communications technology
• Prepares information and communications technology detailing for construction drawings
• Evaluates, selects and applies standard electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
• Conducts site visits to document conditions
• Assists in the preparation of written reports
• Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
• Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning
• Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
• Associates Degree and/or comparable experience required, Bachelors degree a plus
• 5+ years information and communication design experience with exposure to facility design is required
• Current valid RCDD designation from certifying organization required
• Military facilities design a plus
• Working knowledge of electrical building codes, National Electrical Code, industry standards and design criteria related to electrical systems
• Proficiency in AutoCad and RCDD software
• Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to have strong rapport with clients
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to obtain a government clearance are required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace