Location: Charlotte, NC
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The Company is seeking an Accounting Assistant in the Charlotte, NC headquarters.
This position will be primarily responsible for the Company’s accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting. Responsibilities will include helping facilitate period close, prepare journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and research variances. Compile and report various data and help in reviewing accuracy of accounting transactions affecting the general ledger. Provide additional support to other members of the accounting team as needed.
- Assure accounting compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Work with field personnel to develop accounting processes and procedures
- Maintain systems and procedures to manage, control, and document expenditures
- Prepare budgets for various types of contracts
- Identify budget variances
- Provide documentation for project requirements
- Provide additional support as needed
- Responsible for monthly billings to clients
- Prepare client and subcontractor invoices
- Maintain documentation and provide copies as needed for support of billing charges
- Review billing charges for correctness
- Provide billing review reports to project managers as needed
- Supports monthly and yearly financial close process
- Prepares journal entries as necessary
- Bank reconciliations
- BA or BS in Accounting
- 4 years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Microsoft Dynamics Accounting System experience plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Experience with construction/engineering for government contracting a plus
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace