Title: Accounts Payable Specialist (Part-time)
Location: Charlotte, NC
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The Company is seeking a part-time Accounts Payable Specialist in the Charlotte, NC office.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate posting of financial transactions, including handling accounts payable and other administrative functions. Provide additional support to other members of the accounting team as needed. This position is expected to work approximately five hours per day, Monday through Friday.
- Review and enter vendor invoices
- Review Purchase order agreements
- Obtain Proper approval by appropriate personnel
- Review for Appropriateness of charges and allocations
- Review for double billings and overcharges
- Assist with vendor requests and inquiries
- Maintain files of paid invoices
Maintain Vendor Documentation
- Maintain vendor database
- Maintain Forms W-9
Employee Expense Reports
- Review and enter expense reports
- Verify approvals by appropriate management
- Accounting for Outstanding advances
- Maintain employee expense files
Additional duties as requested
- Two year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similarly responsible role
- Knowledge of DSL Financial Management System preferred
- Experience with Construction/Engineering Government contracting a plus
- Willingness to cross train to learn all aspects of accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to build relationships
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
If interested, submit your resume with your salary requirements online at http://www.zapatainc.com/careers/
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace