Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service architectural and engineering company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific. Our primary focus is Department of Defense, Government and Industrial clients. ZAPATA is seeking a Senior Architect with NAVFAC experience to work in either our Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA office.
This position requires a qualified registered architect to manage the design and construction phase services for a variety of project types, including architectural design and detailing for building systems, interdisciplinary coordination and commissioning requirements for new and renovation projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages the project delivery process for small to mid-scale Government, Commercial and Industrial projects.
- Ensures design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations
- Prepares construction drawings and specifications
- Possess knowledge of applicable building codes in evaluating code compliance
- Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports as needed
- Facilitates construction observation, answers RFI’s and prepares change bulletins
- Leads issue resolution and enhances project quality in communicating with clients and project teams.
- Achieves project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals
- Contributes to business development by establishing confidence with clients, and participates in interviews for potential projects
- Desires to grow team professionals through education and mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Master’s preferred
- Current professional registration
- 20 or more years of Architecture experience
- NAVFAC experience required
- Experience with design USACE and AFCEC facilities is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques and costs, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics
- Strong design and space planning skills
- Practical knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts
- Knowledge of industry standards, current product development, and architectural practices
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and ability to work independently required
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit and MicroStation a plus
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
- Some travel required
- Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.