Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service architectural and engineering company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific. Our primary focus is Department of Defense, Government and Industrial clients. ZAPATA is seeking an Architect to work in either our Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA office.
This position requires a registered architect to assist in design and construction phase services for a variety of project types, including architectural design and detailing for building systems and interdisciplinary coordination.
- Assists the project delivery process for small to mid-scale Government, Commercial and Industrial projects.
- Develops design documentation in accordance with project expectations
- Prepares construction drawings and specifications
- Possesses knowledge of applicable building codes in evaluating code compliance
- Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports as needed
- Supports construction observation, answers RFI’s and prepares change bulletins
- Leads issue resolution and enhances project quality in communicating with clients and project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Master’s preferred
- Current professional registration
- 5 or more years of Architecture experience
- Experience with designing NAVFAC, USACE and AFCEC facilities is a plus
- Knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques and costs, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics
- Design and space planning skills commensurate with experience level
- Practical knowledge of general architecture practice
- Knowledge of industry standards, current product development, and architectural practices
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT with ability to work independently required
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
- Some travel required
- Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace