Title: Architectural Designer (CAD)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an Architectural Designer to work in the Atlanta, GA office.
This position performs architectural design for a variety of projects in both new construction and renovations. Must have working knowledge of current codes and industry standards. Experience applying the skills required for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military, is regarded as a plus. Provide additional support to others as needed.
Under the direction of a licensed Architect or Professional Engineer
• Plans, designs, constructs and/or maintains architectural design
• Prepares architectural detailing for construction drawings
• Applies industry techniques, procedures and criteria in making adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
• Assembles and prints project deliverables
• Ensures drawings convey the correct information
• Self-checks own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, fits and stack-ups
• Works from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings, or Government drawings or specifications
• Establishes CAD corporate standards
• Establishes and manages efficient CAD file structure
• Conducts site visits to document conditions
• Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
• Associates Degree and/or comparable experience required
• 5+ years architectural CAD experience is required
• Military facilities design a plus
• Working knowledge of codes and industry standards related to architectural design
• Proficiency in AutoCad and Revit
• Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to have strong rapport with clients
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace