Title: Civil Designer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking a Civil Designer to work in the Atlanta, GA office.
This position provides drafting support for civil engineering projects. The successful candidate will be experienced in drafting all aspects of civil engineering designs, to include water, sewer, drainage, grading, and roadway drawings. Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, current National CAD Standards, and local code requirements is required. This position is responsible for the coordination between various sheets of a plan set, neat and legible drafting, line weight control, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create conceptual plans and detailed, permit-ready drawings from verbal guidance and written mark-ups by the design engineer
- Designs to be provided in 2-d and 3-d formats
- Keeps manager advised of work status, workloads, problems, and progress related to work assignments
- Provides design review and quality control reviews of design and drafting components
- Some travel is required
- Other reasonable requests from management
- Associate’s degree in related field or 7 years’ experience
- Minimum of three years’ drafting experience on civil engineering projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of National CAD Standards and local code requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals
Drug Free Workplace