Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to work in the Charlotte, NC office.
This position is responsible for pre-award and post-award contract management. Responsibilities include: analyzing Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements; generating RFP packages for team sub-contractors; and evaluating sub-contractor proposals; generating cost/business volume proposals: including pricing as well as associated terms and conditions. Also responsible for day-to-day contract compliance, change order management, project receivables and maintaining project profitability through effective contract management and adherence to contract terms. Reviews various agreement types, including: contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, lease agreements, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supports contract negotiations and pre/post-award contract and subcontract administration.
• Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions.
• Identifies risks and issues; suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution.
• Serves as client point of contact for contractual matters.
• Evaluates RFP requirements for business/price volume to generate and produce pricing models in compliance with the prime contract and task order RFP requirements.
• Maintains contractual records and documentation (contract RFP and award correspondence, change orders, etc).
• Reviews and manages contractual obligations and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met by program/project teams.
• Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance and modifications.
• Ensures compliance with all federal contracting guidelines, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR).
• Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance.
• Develops and integrates contract management and subcontract management tools, templates, methods, and processes to support contract requirements and FAR requirements.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
• Works with accounting department personnel to accurately set-up project within the Company’s financial system to facilitate revenue recognition, project tracking and project billing.
• Works with program team to track and report against established subcontracting plan goals through eSRS.
• Responsible for annual Contractor Manpower Reporting as required per the contract
• Bachelor of Science (BS)/Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
• Minimum 8 years direct experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Federal contracting (specifically Department of Defense (DoD) contracts, service contracts, Architect/Engineering (A/E) contracts, and construction contracts).
• Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and Uniform Contract Code.
• Experience and understanding of prime contract and task order proposal pricing including: pricing models and spread sheet creation and manipulation.
• A thorough understanding of Federal program requirements, including: cost/schedule reporting, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR), Government Property requirements and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) compliance.
• Experience and understanding of cost accounting standards (CAS), cost allow ability, estimating system requirements and knowledge of all contract types – Time and Material (T&M), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Unit Price (FUP), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FP/LOE).
• Commercial contracting experience a plus.
• Excellent people skills are required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office, specifically MS Excel, including development of pricing models to support RFP requirements and Certified Cost and Pricing Data requirements.
• National Contracts Management Association (NCMA) or International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) certification a plus.
• Proficiency with ProPricer a plus.
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Drug Free Workplace