Location: Atlanta, GA
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service Architecture and Engineering company with operations throughout the Continental United States in support of the Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking a Director of Operations, Architecture and Engineering to work out of the Atlanta, GA office.
Position Summary: The Director of Operations, Architecture & Engineering provides leadership within Atlanta office through planning, organizing, and executing operational strategies, with oversight from the Senior Vice President of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction and Senior Management, to promote efficiencies and streamline project delivery team performance in support of Company objectives. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to Senior Vice President of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction.
- Develop, implement and monitor day-to-day operations and processes that promote Company goals and initiatives.
- In coordination with Director of Operations in Charlotte, plan, assign and direct Atlanta staff/resources to execute the A/E project workload
- Promote quality services by reinforcing accuracy, consistency, and efficiency of operations.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze metrics for group performance and seek opportunities to lead process improvement.
- Develop and manage A/E processes, to ensure compliance with SOWs and contract compliance and to monitor and support the Company’s master projects’ schedule.
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Operations in Charlotte to prepare and brief monthly budget and revenue forecast reports to Senior Management.
- Meet regularly with Senior Management to discuss and forecast operational needs.
- Teach, coach, and mentor staff in Project Management and technical expertise, with an emphasis on assessment and development of project management and discipline lead staff.
- Perform Architect/Engineer of Record responsibilities on select projects; serve as Program and Project Manager on select contracts/projects supported and shadowed by junior staff to promote professional development opportunities.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to continuously improve Company operations.
- Uphold organizational policies and standards.
- Develop and encourage a culture of delivering quality products on budget and on time.
- Provide direct management oversight for architect, engineering, and designer disciplines and Atlanta Admin staff.
- Oversees all operational aspects of the Atlanta office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering, Master’s preferred
- Registered architect or engineer.
- More than 15 years of operational and project management experience.
- Supervisory experience in managing an architectural or engineering team.
- Competent in managing multi-discipline A/E design work for new and/or renovated facilities/infrastructure for Department of Defense clients such as USACE, NAVFAC, and/or the USAF.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to lead in a fast-paced and growing company.
- Ability to obtain Department of Defense security clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace