Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an Electrical EI to work in the Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This position requires an entry level engineer to design for a variety of electrical and communications projects primarily for military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction. Position includes preparation of design plans, project specifications and cost estimates; inspection of construction projects; quality review of subcontractor designs and close interaction with a multidisciplinary staff of engineers. Provide additional support to others as needed.
- Plans, designs, constructs and/or maintains electrical systems and components
- Prepares electrical detailing for construction drawings
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
- Conducts site visits to document conditions
- Assists in the preparation of written reports
- Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
- Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning
- Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
- Assists in the evaluation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Completion of FE
- If FE is not completed, employee is required to do so within one year of employment
- 0-7 years electrical design experience
- Military facilities design a plus
- Working knowledge of applicable design and building codes
- Proficiency in AutoCad and electrical engineering software
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to have strong rapport with clients
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
ZAPATA is a federal contractor; therefore, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and religious accommodation requests are received and considered.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace