Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
Zapata Incorporated is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to work out of the Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA location.
This position requires a qualified professional engineer to design and perform QC of designs for a variety of electrical and communications projects primarily for military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction. Position includes responsibility for design requirements; preparation of design plans, project specifications and cost estimates; inspection of construction projects; quality review of subcontractor designs and close interaction with a multidisciplinary staff of engineers and scientists. Experience applying the required skills to projects for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military is regarded as a plus.
• Prepares designs for electrical and communications projects
• Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
• Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
• Conducts site visits to document conditions
• Assists in the preparation of written reports
• Perform QC of designs for electrical and communications projects
• Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning
• Reviews consultant-prepared design drawings, indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts
• Prepares specifications for construction cost estimates
• Assists in the evaluation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects
• Uses construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• Current professional engineering license and ability to be licensed by comity in other states
• Minimum 5 years’ electrical and communication design and/or construction experience
• LEED-AP certification preferred
• RCDD preferred
• Working knowledge of applicable design and building codes
• Experience administering and managing construction contracts
• Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, CAD, and discipline specific software
• Ability to have strong rapport with clients
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace