Title: General Maintenance Technician
Location: Kaho’olawe, HI
Zapata Incorporated is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking a General Maintenance Technician to work in the Pacific Division headquarters.
This position is responsible for routine, preventive, & special maintenance or repairs to include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, roofing, painting, building partitions and other tasks to keep the facility safe and running; as well as other tasks as requested.
• Performs maintenance & repair to office furniture as directed.
• Performs routine maintenance & repairs in facilities including electrical, plumbing & mechanical systems in accordance with facility standards.
• Performs preventive maintenance at to ensure proper operation of all building systems and equipment.
• Troubleshoots HVAC & building system problems.
• Performs all Environmental & Safety tasks in accordance w/ appropriate Occupational, Safety, & Health & Environmental Regulations.
• Operates facilities in accordance w/ Local, State, & Federal EHS Regulations as well as best management practices & procedures.
• Monitors the appearance & upkeep of all facilities, noting areas that need attention & takes appropriate action to correct.
• Assembles & installs equipment, accessories, art, & furniture for facility renovation or construction projects.
• Responds to facility problems during working hours & while on call.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience
• AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
• Minimum 7 years related experience
• Ability to work independently & in a professional manner is required.
• Valid driver’s license & driving record acceptable to the employer & employee’s insurance company are required.
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace