Location: Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or other TBD
Zapata Group, Inc. (ZAPATA) is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations in Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The Company is seeking a Business Development Manager.
Position Summary: ZAPATA is looking for an energetic and collaborative Business Development Manager to drive our Federal Architecture and Engineering program with Federal and Utility Clients including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, the US Air Force, and others as appropriate. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of the DoD Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) programs and organizational structure. The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify, prioritize, and develop key client needs and opportunities across the Southeast and to expand into the Mid-Atlantic and Southwest.
- Work in close coordination with our Proposal and Marketing Manager to develop and maintain the marketing and BD programs to achieve Company goals.
- Lead the development of client relationships between ZAPATA and Federal clients
- Participate in industry events such as SAME meetings and conferences to interact with clients and industry partners
- Drive client development plans for various clients with missions related to our A-E Capabilities and open doors for technical staff to meet with clients
- Drive growth by identifying, prioritizing, developing, and pursuing key client opportunities
- Track and communicate client/industry trends in types of work, funding, priorities, and future direction
- Work with clients in collaboration with ZAPATA’s Architecture and Engineering leadership to pursue opportunities
- Lead key pursuits and working closely with our Proposal Manager and Leadership Team ensure sound capture planning
- Work with internal Program Managers to assist in utilizing all existing contract capacities
- Based on client needs, coordinate with ZAPATA’s Proposal and Marketing Manager and the Company leadership Team to develop and maintain an integrated marketing approach selling all ZAPATA services
- Maintain client program awareness, including issues related to project delivery and financial performance
- Participate as a member of ZAPATA’s Leadership Team in developing strategic goals and initiatives and to participate in the business planning process
- Research and recommend ideas for ZAPATA’s Federal program including new markets/service offerings, key hires, internal mentorship, and strategy development to support our growth
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business, Communications, or related field.
- 10+ years AEC industry experience working with USACE, NAVFAC, and/or USAF markets.
- Proven track record of business development, relationship building, and operational results within USACE or other DoD agencies.
- Existing network of clients beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in development of and collaborating with diverse teams.
- Willingness to travel for business development and project assignments.
- Ability to obtain a DoD government security clearance.
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace