Title: Restoration Specialist
Location: Kaho’olawe, HI
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, State of Hawaii and private sector clients. The company is seeking three Restoration Specialists to work in the Pacific Division headquarters.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of tasks to support the restoration of native plant species on the island of Kaho`olawe as other tasks as requested.
- Operate powered equipment (string trimmers, chainsaws, etc.) and hand tools to clear brush and prepare soil for follow on planting.
- Install irrigation lines and sublines from water supply to and throughout planting areas.
- Prepares planting locations to include digging holes mixing and adding soil amendments, and building windbreaks.
- Install erosion control barriers including wattles, check dams, and flow inhibitors. Erosion control devices may be commercially manufactured or improvised from local materials
- Maintain assigned vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow applicable safety requirements.
- Performs all Environmental & Safety tasks in accordance w/ appropriate Occupational, Safety, & Health & Environmental Regulations.
- Assist other staff (Zapata, State, and volunteer) as required.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience
- Ability to work independently & in a professional manner is required.
- Valid driver’s license & driving record acceptable to the employer & employee’s insurance company are required if assigned to operate vehicles.
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace