Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit
ZAPATA provides seismic evaluation and retrofit services for U.S. Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs facilities, energy and nuclear power stations, and infrastructure projects – working in high seismic zones across the USA, from California and Washington to South Carolina.
ZAPATA has seismic experts, including PhD structural engineers, who specialize in the design, assessment, and analysis of structures to resist the effects of seismic forces
They perform seismic evaluations and retrofit designs in accordance with ASCE 41 and applicable Federal standards.
ZAPATA has experience with Tier 1, 2, and 3 seismic evaluations, including advanced Tier 3 structural modeling with ASCE 41.
This experience includes evaluation of both structural and non-structural components for seismic safety.
Seismic Evaluation and
- Seismic Evaluations (ASCE/SEI 41-17 Tiers 1, 2, and 3)
- Seismic Design Requirements for VA Facilities (H-18-8)
- Repair and Retrofit Design to Address Seismic Deficiencies
- Seismic Correction Project Book Development
- Condition Assessments and On-Site Inspections
- Seismic Anchorage Design for Non-Structural Equipment
- Seismic Hazard Mitigation Planning