Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering and field services company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking a Structural Designer to work in either the Charlotte, NC office or the Atlanta, GA office.
This position performs structural design for a variety of projects in both new construction and renovations. Must be knowledgeable in current codes and industry standards. Experience applying the skills required for Department of Defense facilities, including demonstrating an understanding of the unique requirements of the active military, is regarded as a plus. Provide additional support to others as needed.
- Plans, designs, constructs and/or maintains structural design
- Prepares structural detailing for construction drawings
- Evaluates, selects and applies industry techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications to assigned projects
- Conducts site visits to document conditions
- Assists in the preparation of written reports
- Assists in the planning, designing, and monitoring of projects for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements
- Assists in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities; determine resources and perform long-range planning
- Prepares specifications or construction cost estimates
- Associates Degree and/or comparable experience required
- 15+ years structural design experience with exposure to facility design is required
- Military facilities design a plus
- Working knowledge of codes and industry standards related to structural design
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Revit
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to have strong rapport with clients
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. Zapata desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace