Location: Charlotte, North Carolina or Atlanta, Georgia
ZAPATA is a diverse, full-service engineering company with operations throughout the Continental United States and Pacific in support of Department of Defense, federal government, and private sector clients. The company is seeking a Project Architect to work in the Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA office.
This position requires a qualified registered architect to manage the design and construction of a variety of projects, including building systems, architectural design and detailing, interdisciplinary coordination and commissioning requirements supporting military/commercial/industrial new and retrofit for building and infrastructure construction.
• Plans, coordinates and manages the project delivery process for small to mid-scale Government, Commercial and Industrial projects including consultants and other lead professional
• Ensures design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations
• Prepares construction drawings and specifications
• Possess knowledge of applicable building codes in evaluating code compliance
• Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports
• Facilitates construction observation, answers RFI’s and prepares change bulletins
• Leads issue resolution and enhances project quality in communicating with project team
• Achieves project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals
• Contributes to business development by establishing confidence with clients, and participates in interviews for potential projects
• Desires to grow team professionals through education and mentoring
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Master’s preferred
• Current professional registration
• 10 or more years of Architecture experience
• Experience on design of military facilities is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques and costs, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics
• Strong design and space planning skills
• Practical knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts
• Knowledge of industry standards, current product development, and architectural practices
• Minimum of four (4) years AutoCad project experience required
• Knowledge of Autodesk REVIT and Mircrostation a plus
• Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED AP accreditation a plus
• Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees
• Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
• Some travel required
• Ability to obtain a government clearance is required
ZAPATA offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, and 401(k) participation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and drug screen. ZAPATA participates in E-Verify.
EOE AA M/F/Disabled/Veterans
VEVRAA Federal contractor. ZAPATA desires priority referrals.
Drug Free Workplace